Monday 2 February 2015

january beauty favourites ft. sophie♡

This December/January I have had a lot of new favourite beauty products that I have been constantly using but again, wanted to change it up a little so I will be featuring a few of my sisters favourites too! Everything wrote in this sideways font is Sophie's opinion!


My first favourite is the Zoella Blissful Mistful perfume. I got this in my stocking for Christmas and I have been wearing it everyday since. It's such a fresh Spring scent so it will be perfect for the upcoming season. The packaging is so beautiful too! Its much lighter than a perfume so the smell isn't too overpowering. It's hard to describe the scent. Very fresh and a little floral. Definitely worth £8. 


Our next favourite is the Expert Face brushes by Real Techniques. We both got one of these in our stockings for Christmas and we have been using them everyday since. They are really good to blend in foundation, concealer and powder. I have been using mine so much as its a lot better than the buffing brush as its a nicer shape and easier to use. 


I have a new concealer favourite! I have rediscovered the Wake Me Up concealer. In the Summer months I wore this constantly as my skin had a bit of a sun kissed glow (still never tans) and I wasn't overrun with spots! In the winter I tend to stay away from this as the Wake Me Up concealer has yellow undertones so on my pale pinky skin it looks very orange. However, for a few weeks I have been mixing this with my favourite concealer - the Collection Lasting Perfection to create the perfect combination. The Wake Me Up adds a brightening effect whereas the Collection concealer adds some coverage! Perfect combo! 


For Christmas this year me and Sophie both got an EOS lip balm in our stockings. It's definitely become my go-to lip balm. I have kept it in my pencil case for most of the month so it's always on hand and its been a clear January favourite as when I need a lip balm I gravitate towards this one. They are very very moisturising, the packaging is really nice and each EOS comes with a lot of product. Mine is in the scent raspberry pomegranate and Emily's is in the scent blueberry accai. 


My current favourite bronzer and highlighter has been the Bojours Paris bronzing powder and highlighter. I heard about this through Zoe's YouTube channel and picked it up in the Summer. I love the cute packaging because it is like a little book and it smells like chocolate. I use this lightly most days to shape my face and add some shimmer but you can build this up for a more bronzy look. It's really worth the money and is my favourite bronzer and highlighter! 


Our next two favourites are something we both bought each other for Christmas. This is the Barry M Show Girl Extra Volume Black Mascara. This adds a lot of volume to your eyelashes and I have worn this everyday since I got it! It's very volumeising, I love the packaging and I have been wearing it a lot this month! 





My favourite for eyeshadow this month has been the Collection work the colour eyeshadow pencil in the colour Vintage Blush. I have been using this SO much. It adds a really pretty wash of colour to the eyelids and is even suitable to wear for school as its not too OTT. This one is a really creamy constancy and I have been wearing this everyday. Its a pinky peachy tone with a subtle gold shimmer.



This is the Natural Shadow and blush pallet from Barry which I have been using a lot this month. I got this again in my stocking for Christmas. It comes with 6 shades and a cool baby pink blusher on the end. This is a dupe for the Naked pallets from Urban Decay. My most used colour is the creamy shimmery white colour. Currently, I've been using this everyday. I really recommend it as it comes with a mix of neutrals and a darker shades too for shimmery smokier looks.



This is my Sleek blush in the colour flushed. Do not be fooled by this shockingly bright red colour that it appears to be in the photo. This is actually a beautiful cranberry colour which is perfect for Autumn/Winter which is why I have been loving it this month! 


My current favourite nail polish is the Barry M glitter nail polish in Rose Quartz. 
I have been wearing it a lot because its a really pretty glittery colour and who doesn't love a bit of glitter? Especially, as it has just been Christmas and the party season. This adds a nice little touch of sparkle to your nails! 


My favourite lip product this month has been the Tanya Burr lip gloss in Aurora. This is a really nice dusty pink colour. I love the formula of these lip glosses as their not overly sticky and are very wearable. It again has come out very dark on camera when really its a lot lighter! It also has a little bit of shimmer which is very pretty. 


My favourite lip product this month is the Revlon Laquer Balm in the shade Demure. I have been taking this everywhere with me and wearing it all the time! It's a lovely frosty nude pink colour on the lips. It's not drying at all - its nothing like the matte balms. It looks like a glossy finish which I LOVE. It's such a gorgeous colour and packaging too. I have since taking these photos bought myself another! 


Emily and Sophie x 

9 comments:

  1. All these products look gorgeous, I love the shade of the lacquer balm x

    Ooh La Luce | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet! x Yes I am a bit obsessed with the colour - I think they are on a deal in Superdrug too! x

      Delete
  2. There is so many beautiful items here i want to try. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute how Sophie took part too! I've been loving that laquer balm for school recently too, should've included it in my jam faves that I uploaded tonight!!! Also loving the look of that sleek blush!!!! Great photos emily too ;)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you x We are both having a bit of an obsession with the laquer balms! ;) Yes I might have to sneakily use some of that blusher! haha x

      Delete
  4. Really want to try some Sleek blushes- not sure if I need them though as I struggle with having quite a strong natural blush anyway!!! :p Lovely post! Lydia Eve x www.mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some really beautiful natural shades too! x Definitely my favourite blusher company! x Thank you honey x

      Delete
  5. Hey, lovely post xx Would you mnd checking my blog and possibly leaving a comment ?<3
    --> Blog Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete