Wednesday 25 February 2015

skincare routine and essentials♡




Today I have a skincare routine for 2015 featuring all of my skincare essentials. My skincare routine is not in anyway a perfect one or filled with luxurious products but it's cheap and cheerful and works for my skin!

This is a collaboration with Molly so make sure that you all go and follow her on bloglovin and have a read of her skincare essentials when your done!



So a little bit about my skin.
I get a lot of spots and blemishes and my skin is a little oily at times too. If you have a similar skin type to me then some of these products might be perfect for you! 

1. Cleanse
If you don't know where to start with your skincare the most important step is to cleanse. Cleansing removes any makeup residue, dirt and oil which builds up on your skin throughout the day. It's so important to do this step morning and night to help clean your skin. I do this step in the night to remove any makeup or dirt build up and in the morning, to do a quick clean!




Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
My all-time favourite cleanser is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This is my go-to cleanser because it removes everything from makeup to excess oil on your skin. A cleansing water is a makeup remover or general 'dirt' remover. This is perfect for ALL skin types which is what I love about this. It's even suitable for sensitive skin as it doesn't sting or make your skin red and blotchy. It's a really gentle but effective cleanser. I have been using this cleanser for about half a year and I am on my second bottle. It says 400ml will mean 200 uses which lasts me about 3-4 months. I will continue to repurchase this because its reasonably inexpensive and so quick and easy to use and perfect for lazy skincare days! Aka most of the time!



Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
For days when I'm wearing more eye makeup which is rare but when I do I take off my makeup using this. I bought this for my weekend away last October and it was a really gentle makeup remover. I still prefer the Micellar Cleansing Water but I occasionally change it up! 





Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion
I love to use this in the Winter time and in the morning. This cleansing lotion is a lovely thin cream cleanser. If you have overly dry or sensitive skin this will be perfect for you! Sometimes my skin can feel quite tight and dry straight after using one of the above cleansers so I use this to put a bit more moisture back into my skin.


Tip 1: Makeup free days
Your skin deserves to be exposed to the air occasionally not hidden away under makeup all the time. I don't wear foundation all the time especially not to school but I occasionally have these days over the weekend to free my skin and let it breath. It doesn't have to be the whole day either. I take my makeup off as soon as I get home because if I'm not doing anything or going out whats the point!





2. Facial wash
I like to use facial washes when I'm in the shower and bath in the evening! I occasionally use my facial washes in the morning but sometimes I don't have time or forget..ooops!


Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Control Daily Wash
I have tried an awful lot of facial washes, all claiming to do different things for your skin, some with exfoliating beads, some with fruity scents but none have stood out to me until this facial wash!
Since purchasing this facial wash I have been using it in plentiful amounts and I have noticed a difference in my skin! It has helped to reduce my spots which is brilliant. I like to use a pea-sized amount and work it into my skin and then rinse away. It doesn't overly dry your skin either AND it's oil-free which is perfect for my naturally oily T-Zone and chin. 



Tip 2: Plenty of water
Everybody says this but it's so true. Drinking lots of water is great for your skin. Some people hate drinking water but I love water and regardless of the skin benefits I love to drink it. To make it more 'appetising' and to help you drink it more often, pour yourself a glass of water before your dinner or lunch when you are hungry. I always find I will drink more when I'm hungry to keep myself occupied! Also, have your water with a slice of lemon or orange and ice for more flavour!

3. Moisturiser
Such an important step in anyones skin care routine. I moisturise morning and evening especially in the colder months! 



Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser 
This has also been a firm favourite since purchasing this last month. When applied, it has a really cooling, tingly affect and you can really feel it working. It's not a really thick moisturiser either - it's medium-light. And it's oil-free and is meant to help with spots and blemishes which is much needed! 


Tip 3: Skin confidence 
There are always going to be days where you wake up with bad skin, glowing red cheeks or a giant spot on your chin. I've been there. Concealer sometimes works, a good skincare routine sometimes works but it never makes you avoid spots. If you have spots and a spot of concealer (pardon the pun) isn't going to do the trick just work with it! Everybody gets spots (unless they are extremely lucky) and we all have different skin! Nobody's skin is perfect and as Zoella said 'your skin doesn't define you!' 




Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
This is my Summer moisturiser but occasionally I will drift between theses two moisturisers. This is a really light moisturiser so I love to use this when the weather is slightly warmer because a thick moisturiser on a warm evening when you are just about to go to sleep is a big no no for me! 



4. Skin treats
Sometimes aside from the 3 simple skincare steps I do I like to give my skin a little pamper or use certain treatments! 

Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment
I like to use this spot treatment to help cure spots that pop up every so often! This is a light gel consistency and you put a tiny bit of it on problem areas or spots that are about to pop up. It contains tea tree and witch hazel which are meant to be really good to help fight away all your spots! I have found this to be quite overly drying sometimes if I put lots on in an attempt to zap the spot so I try to be sparing with this and use it twice or three times a week. It doesn't totally get rid of the spots straight away - it's a gradual process! 




Simple Kind To Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask
I have mentioned this before but I used to really like to use the sachets of face masks but I used to come out in hot rashes and my skin would feel irritated after. I don't know weather it was the colours or ingredients but I am a bit skeptical about trying them again. Then I discovered this little tube of wonderfulness. Firstly, it's reusable which is great because the sachets can get expensive at 99p a time for one use. Secondly, it's less messy and thirdly, the skin benefits. It's filled with vitamins and all good stuff thats meant to really cleanse and clean out your pores. I use this face mask once or twice a week on pamper evenings or just days when my skin needs a pick me up!



What are your skincare essentials? 
Emily x

19 comments:

  1. I love the micellar water and simple moisturiser too! Intrigued to try out the mask though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Yes definitely worth it my friend x

      Delete
    2. My thoughts are exactly the same as Rebekka xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post and the pictures are so pretty! You should be proud, going to check out the other part of this collab :)
    Dalal xo, monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of these products are absolute staples in my skincare routine, although I haven't tried the grease lightening spot treatment and I have heard so many good things about it.

    Ooh La Luce | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :) xx It's a really good treatment!

      Delete
  4. Loved this post and it was great doing a colab with you! Thank you ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I nominated you to do the Liebster Award, it's to promote and help blogs grow. Details and rules are on my recent post. Thanks x N
    www.natalielaurette.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post Emily! Your pictures are always so bright and cheerful:) I have a very similar skin care routine to yours, i I use mainly Nivea.


    Chloe x

    www.chloepaigee,blogspot,co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh may have to try some more nivea products! Thank you Chloe x

      Delete
  7. I love the garnier cleansing water, works wonders for removing my makeup! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use so many of the same products! Lovely post

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and Clean & Clear are 2 of my favourite skincare brands! Really want to try the Garnier Cleansing Water, I've seen so many people raving about it!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's amazing! Definitely worth the hype x

      Delete