Monday 9 February 2015

revolution blush pallet review♡

I asked on my Winter Beauty Haul weather you would like to see a review of the Revolution blush pallet and one of you said yes so I thought I would do one! 


Revolution is a newer (ish) brand to my local Superdrug. I definitely turned a blind eye until other bloggers and YouTubers started sharing their favourites from the line. I do base a lot of my purchases on other peoples recommendations instead of going in at the deep end! 

The packaging is lovely. It comes in shiny packaging with rose gold writing. On the down side, when I opened mine the part that holds the blushes was scratched and looked a bit battered so I wasn't sure if it had been opened before. 

The pallet would be perfect for travelling because it comes with a range of colours. I think I will definitely take this on my Summer holiday this year because it comes with a massive mirror and very Summery shades. This also gives me multiple choice when I'm away!

This retails for £6 and is so worth the money you pay. Seeing as my Sleek blushes are £5 each for an individual colour for £1 more you get a variety of different shades. 




I got the shade 'Sugar and Spice.' They also do 2 others but I had heard good things about this one. I wanted to buy Sugar and Spice purely for the different mix of shades that I probably wouldn't buy if they weren't in the pallet. 

The pallet comes with 8 different colours stating that they are all 'blushes.' However, I use 2 of the more darker bronze/brown shades for bronzer and the shimmery white for a highlighter. 

The colours are all very pigmented so if you like a strong colour on your cheeks this pallet would be perfect for you. I dab my brush lightly in the blush, sweep it across the back of my hand to remove some of the pigmentation and then apply it, followed by powder. The colours are very bold so I like to make it a lot more natural. 



First row from left♡

The first colour is a darker red toned brown. I haven't yet to use this but from my first impression its quite a subtle colour but might be slightly too dark for my pale complexion to be used as a bronzer. This is a matte shade.

The second colour is a lighter brown which I use for a bronzer most days. It's a really subtle colour and compliments my skin perfectly. This is a matte shade.

The next shade is one of the blushes. This is a bright barbie pink. It can be built up so if you are a barbie pink blusher fan you would like this. I apply lightly so it gives a wash of colour which I prefer. 
This is a matte shade.

The last colour in the first row is a very shimmery white. I think this is definitely a highlight colour. It's such a 'disco ball' colour. It's so glittery and shimmery. I have worn this but only lightly as I'm a bit afraid of how pigmented this colour is. 


Second row from left♡

The first colour in the second row is this berry colour. Perfect for the Autumn/Winter. I love this colour so much! This is a matte shade.

The second colour is a fuchsia pink colour. Definitely a Summer shade. This is matte.

The third colour is the most 'natural' out of them all. It's a really pretty coral/peachy colour. I have been wearing this a lot. It's my go-to blush from this pallet.

The last colour reminds me of Sleek 'Rose Gold.' It's a baked blush and is  super shimmery. The colours are dark and light pinks swirled together. 



Overall, this pallet is definitely a good'un! I can't wait to try more from the Revolution range! Any recommendations? 

Emily x



8 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about Revolution. The shades on this palette are beautiful! xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know! It was very tempting for me to pick up more but I resisted! xx

      Delete
  2. Makeup revolution is literally flooding both my Twitter and bloglovin feed with reviews! I think I might have to try something to see if they really worth the hype! Would you mind me asking but what camera you use ?

    Dalal x | monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I am loving the pallet! Definitely worth the talk! x I use the Fugifilm Finepix S1 camera x

      Delete
  3. This is soo cute!

    Anna xxx

    fitfatfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a nice post, your photography has improved so much over the last few months! I'm going on holiday very soon, and this palette looks perfect - are any of the shades creme blushes? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edie x All thanks to my camera I am definitely learning! No, none of these are cream blushes - I'm not sure about the other shades of the pallets though! x

      Delete