Monday 2 March 2015

w7 makeup review♡

Today I have a very exciting post! A review of W7 makeup products! A less heard of brand that needs some love! I have never owned any W7 products before so when the package came in the mail I was over excited and couldn't wait to try them all! 

*these products where sent to me by W7 to review and to tell my readers all about them. This review is 100% my own honest opinion as always!


 


In the buff lightly toasted natural nudes eye colour pallet

The first product I was sent was this eyeshadow pallet which is probably the most well-known W7 product. They have 4 pallets out in the range! This reminds me of the Naked 1 and is a really good dupe! The pallet comes with 12 eyeshadows, 2 of which are matte shades and the rest contain some shimmer. The eyeshadows are really good quality and the colour pay off on the eyelid is brilliant. This pallet also comes with a double ended brush. On one end - a blending brush and the other end - a sponge applicator. I am so impressed with this pallet. It contains a mixture of wearable everyday shades and also darker shades for a more smoky nighttime look if that takes your fancy! The packaging is also really lovely. 

The pallet retails for £9.99.

I rate it a: 10/10♡



The colours left to right♡

Teddy 
Wonderland 
Cracker (matte) 
Happy
Lady Luck (matte)
Twister 
DiDi
Delilah 
Magic 
Its a dream 
Up in smoke
Dawn 


The first six colours pictured above are all quite subtle and great for everyday wear. At first glance, they look as if they don't have a lot of pigmentation however, I used 'Teddy Bear' and 'Wonderland' on my eyelid today and the colour is much more visible and really pigmented unlike how they appear swatched on my arm. I think these will be perfect to wear subtly to school as the colours are all very natural and I will definitely get a lot of use out of these!

The last six colours are a lot darker. They are a lot more visible when swatched. My personal favourite is 'Magic' which is a really nice glittery burgundy-brown shade. I can imagine these shades would be perfect for smoky eye looks and darker makeup as they are highly pigmented. 



Absolute lashes mascara
Next, they kindly sent me one of their mascaras. I am so impressed with this! My blogging best friend, Rebekka said that it's better than the They're Real by Benefit. I highly recommend getting this especially if it's better than benefit! I love how natural my eyelashes look when I use this. Personally, the only downside to this mascara is when I was applying it, I felt the spiked parts of the wand at the root of my eyelashes and it was more difficult to apply to the bottom lashes but I'm sure a bit of practice will clear that up! However, I'm very impressed with the quality and the end result!  

This retails for £6.95.

I rate it a: 8/10♡








 

Honey Queen honeycomb blusher
Next, they sent me a powder box blush! The honey queen blusher is true to the 'honey' themed name and looks like honeycomb in the pan. The blush itself has different colours in it so when you swirl them together they create a really natural peach shade with shimmer running through. I do find that the golden shimmer in the blush is a lot more visible on the cheeks compared to the actual colour of the blush. However, I really like the muted natural tone to the blusher and who doesn't like a bit of shimmer? It also comes with a small angled blusher brush which I think is a really lovely feature however it didn't apply a lot of product onto my cheeks so I opted to use my own contour brush which worked better. 

This retails for £4.95.
I rate it a: 8/10♡






A hint of Bali♡
A hint of Bali is a liquid lip and cheek tint. You apply it lightly and then blend. I found the shade to be quite bright at first on my pale skin but when blended it was fine! If a bright pink is not for you there is also 3 other shades to choose from. You can make the colour a little less bold by powdering over it. On your cheeks, it has a really long-wear and good staying power however I personally don't like this on my lips. I find that it doesn't taste or smell that nice. I know it's not really a box to tick when it comes to makeup but you do tend to taste your lip products throughout the day, accidentally. I did try it and really liked the colour on my lips so if you can get past the taste you will be fine! But for me, this will be a blush from now on! 


This retails for £4.95.
I rate it a: 5/10♡


Overall, W7 is a highly commendable brand which really deserves some more recognition! If you'd like to purchase any of the products mentioned click here ! Thank you very much W7 for doing this collaboration with me! 

Emily x





6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to use these products but I have ended up buying other brands instead. I really enjoyed this post!

    Chloe xx

    www.chloepaigee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x they are really worth a try xx

      Delete
  2. It's true; the mascara is amazing ahha! But loving the look of the palette! Such good quality by the look of it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is one of my favourite things they sent me! The mascara is great xx

      Delete
  3. The palette looks amazing!!! I have so many W7 products but I have none of these! W7 definitely need more credit than they get because their stuff is so good!!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many good things about this palette, glad you like it! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete