Sunday 29 March 2015

skip into spring: hair♡


Today I have the second instalment of my skip into spring series with my blogging best friends Rebekka and Charlotte! We decided to talk about HAIR!

Disclaimer: My sister very kindly did these hairstyles and took the photographs so they looked the best for my blog! My attempts would not be this perfect! Thank you Sophie! 


My no.1 hair tool is my Tangle Teezer. I am sure everyone has either heard of these or owns one. These are the perfect hand-size and come in a range of different colours. I do find that for styling they are great, but for de-knotting my hair it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. However, know I have got my tangle teezers I don't think I could go back to an ordinary hair brush! This one is the 'Salon Elite' which is a pretty pastel colour!




Casual ponytail ft scrunchies♡
When it's hot I hate having my hair down because I have long thick hair and it get's all sweaty and I almost feel swallowed by my own hair. Thick hair problems! A ponytail is the ideal way to tie your back out of your face and using scrunchies and cute hair-ties makes all the difference. It adds a cute girly touch to a classic ponytail! The one I have in my hair is from Primark but a lot of high street shops now sell them! 






Side fish-tail braid♡
A braid is also a great way to get your hair out of your face but still look pretty! If your feeling bold I think adding a cute bow is s a really nice way to spice up a traditional braid! 




Classic curls♡
This hairstyle took FOREVER to do. It took nearly an hour to curl my whole head of hair which was a painful process but the end result was worth it. Curls are a tiresome process BUT for a special occasion they look beautiful. 


I added a daisy flower crown from one of my friend's old shops. Flower crowns are such a lovely accessory for Spring! 
     


Formal♡
This hairstyle is so pretty! Perfect for a Spring evening. It's hard to explain the process - you basically take a thin flower crown or elastic headband, place it on your head and tuck your hair in it to create this little dome thing! Probably, the worst explanation but hopefully you get the idea! 






Half-up Half-down♡
This is a really popular hairstyle which is great for shopping or going to school. It's a pretty simple process - take the top section of your hair and tie it in a ponytail. This also gets the hair out of your face! You could also add a cute hair accessory too! 


You can also continue the hairstyle to do a high bun on the top of your head. Create a bun out of the half-up half-down ponytail. I added a pastel pink scrunchie which has a little bow attached to it. This is from New Look! 



Let me know your favourite hairstyle!
Emily xx





14 comments:

  1. So many pretty hairstyles. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so so pretty , can definitely see that you've put so much effort in xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girly! :') It was lovely collabing with you! x

      Delete
  3. Wow you've put so much effort into this post and it's really payed off! Love the curls and updo! The flower crowns in both were adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebekka! :') lovely collabing with you! x

      Delete
  4. I love how much time you put into this post and photos! I wish I could do most of these hair styles but if you could see from the Kik chat my hairs curly although I think the dome thingy would work! if I recreate I'll send a picture :)
    Dalal xx monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Dalal that's really sweet :') Yeah be sure to send me a picture! xx

      Delete
  5. When i frst got my tabgle teezer i was excited to try it but didnt really see the appeal- however know ive used it i know! Its the thick haired girls best friend! These hairstyles are all gorgeous- cant wait for this spring season now! Lydia Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these my favorite is the wrap around. My god mom tried it on my sister and I and we loved it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg this post is so cute, I literally have 3 or 4 tangle teezers there soo good. Especially how I have fine hair it does wonders on it xx

    Ambra fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! xx I have 2 tangle teezers aha :")

      Delete