Sunday 22 March 2015

skip into spring: makeup♡

Me and my blogging best friends, Rebekka and Charlotte decided to do a fun little project for Spring where we show you our Spring essentials in little sections - makeup, hair and outfits. This week we are talking about makeup.



The first makeup product that I love in Spring is BB creams. I much prefer BB creams in the Spring because they are a lot lighter on the skin. I'm not really one for heavy foundations but I like to choose something a lot lighter than my normal foundation choices! This one from Mabelline is quite peachy toned so I use it with moisturiser. It feels really light on the skin, evens out skin tone and just creates a good base. 


Now for the cheeks! The blush I love wearing is Sleek's 'Rose Gold.' 'Rose Gold' is a beautiful coral-pink with lots of golden shimmer. It's a beautiful Springtime blusher which fit the season perfectly! It makes your cheeks glow and it's so lovely especially when the sun is shining. Your cheek bones look like there glistening! 



Every Springtime I whip out some pink eyeshadows. Pink is a beautiful colour all year round but especially in the Spring. This is about as colourful as I go with my eyes (how adventurous) but I still like how subtle both of these eyeshadows look on my eyes. 




The first pink eyeshadow is a new edition to my collection - one of the Mabelline Colour Tattoos in the colour 'Pink Gold.' I love the formula of the colour tattoos as they are really creamy, really blend-able and can be used subtly or heavier. Whichever floats your boat! 

The next pink eyeshadow is an eyeshadow that has been in my collection since October. It's one of the Work the Colour eyeshadow pencils by Collection in the shade 'Vintage Blush.' It's a pretty pinky peach shade with subtle shimmer. I love these as eyeshadow bases or just all over the lid and lightly blended in. Their very creamy and a pencil form is ideal for quick application. These are about £3.




Lipsticks. How I love them. Most of my collection could fit the theme of Spring because they are all pretty pinks and corals so I'm going to show you a lot of them!

The first Spring lipstick is one I love to wear all year round but this will be especially pretty in Spring. It's the Revlon Colour Burst Laquer balm in the shade 'Demure'. They are really easy to apply as they are in a crayon form and this colour is beautiful. It's a really soft pink/nude with subtle shimmer in it. On the lips, it's quite shimmery and adds a light sheen of colour. 



In Spring I love tinted lip balms. I love Baby Lips because they are moisturising and add a hint of colour. I like to wear tinted lip balms in Spring because they aren't as high matinence as lipsticks (if you get what I mean.) You don't need a mirror to apply it and it's easy! It's also subtle enough to wear to school. 



The next lipstick is one that is relatively new to my collection. MUA recently brought out a new range of lipsticks that reminded me of a sheerer and lighter version of Revlon lip butters. It's like a tinted lip balm. Personally, the Revlon lip butters (or just the shade I have) is more of a thick lipstick formula then a sheer balm. These are only £2 and are so pretty to wear everyday. I have the shade 'Peach Dream' which is a coral peach colour which will be perfect for Springtime! 



Next, I have a KIKO lipstick in the shade 902. I talked about this in last years Spring essentials (not on my blog anymore)! 902 is such a pretty coral colour. I love to wear this in Spring and Summer because of the colour and the formula. The formula is so buttery and the finish is quite sheer with shimmer. Also, it smells like vanilla and caramel which is delicious, apparently rather similar to Mac lipsticks. 



Finally, my last Spring lipstick is Topshop's 'Pillow Talk.' I have had a love/hate relationship with this lipstick. It's much less of a natural lip colour as it's a very light pastel pink and is quite matt. But today I wore this underneath the laquer balm so it added a more glossy effect and that worked fine! I think pastel pink lips are really great for Spring if it suits you!




Now for my talons (nails)! I wear an awful lot of pastel nail polishes. Most of my collection are pastel colours and I try and make them work all year round but many beauty bloggers start to wear these more around the Spring/Summer. Here are a couple of my favourites! 

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Rosehip♡
If your lazy with your nails and tend to not want to re-paint your nails that often (aka like me) then the Gelly Hi-Shine nail paints would be ideal for you. These can last for weeks without chipping and they come in some cute pastel colours for Spring.

MUA nailpolish in Pistachio Icecream♡
I love MUA nail polishes. They are only £1 and are really good quality for the price you pay. I love this mint green for Spring. 

Rimmel I♡lasting finish in Sweet as Sugar♡
I love this colour. It's like a light blue with undertones of white. It's really pretty! 




Lastly, I have a perfume - Zoella's blissful mistful. It's not strictly makeup but I know this will be a Spring essential. The scent is a beautiful fresh scent with hints of flowers. I'm not too sure of the exact scent description but it's the same scent as all her other products and reminds me of Spring so much. The packaging is also really pretty! 




Let me know some of your Spring essentials!

Emily x




11 comments:

  1. I really like Zoella's perfume. I really want to try the new MUA lip products, I think I might have to buy myself some xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww me too! xx MUA lipsticks are overlooked sometimes but they are amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow you really went all out with including so many products! honestly one of my favourite posts I've read in a while girly! Also love how you took your photos outside! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are amazing! Looks like you've put a lot of effort into this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos! I love the Colour tattoos but I'd love to try the Sleek blush, I was buying a new Barry M nail polish today and it took forever...all the shades were so pretty I couldn't pick one but I ended up getting 'Lychee'.
    Dalal xo, monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love the colour of Lychee! xx Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. I've heard that Zoella's perfume smells soo nice, plus its under £10 which is so great. Ive heard lots about the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes and might even invest in one, since im a tad lazy to reapply polish to my nails.

    Ambra xx fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - nail painting is a tough job! xx Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete

  6. Love the way you took your photos x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1I love the way you took these photos. So professional looking x

    ReplyDelete