Wednesday 1 July 2015

mac lipstick in 'hue' dupe♡



Hue (left) and Demure (right) 

Lipstick is definitely one of my favourite things to collect and I am forever trying new
   products. For my birthday my lovely friend Lucy bought me my first Mac product which
  was this beautiful lipstick!  I couldn't really contain my excitement and it hasn't disappointed
my expectations but I did manage to find a dupe for it in my collection. The Mac lipstick
is in the shade 'Hue' which is a lovely everyday nude shade. On my lips it can look
a little bit 'concealer like,' without a bit of blending but the colour is very complimentary
to my skin tone and is a nude pink with a sheen. I prefer to dab it on my lips as I feel
like it's more easier to wear when I apply it this way! 


The dupe for 'Hue' is my much loved Revlon Colour Burst Laquer Balm in the shade
 'Demure.' This has been a firm favourite of mine since I got it for Christmas and it still has
 the edge compared to my other lipsticks. Demure is a very similar shade but has a hint of
coral and gives a bit more shimmer to the lips and more of a shine. Demure is such an
easy product to apply and is easily goes with any makeup look and you will regularly
 find it in my handbags. As it is in a crayon form it is easy to apply and I absolutely
love the formula and the pay off!

Both lipsticks have similar finishes. As Hue is a glaze finish it also creates that sheen
that the Laquer Balm creates. However, the Laquer Balm has more chunky glitter.
Both have very similar colour pay offs and both have a similar colour also. Hue is a little
more nude toned compared to Demure. Demure is more coral toned and shimmery.
As far as long-lasting goes, both are similar. They definitely don't last for more than 2 hours
 and when the colour fades it tends to leave a shimmer on your lips. The colour burst
balm, however, has a lot more chunky glitter so leaves more of a shimmer which
 is the only annoying thing about the product. Both products are really moisturising
and leave a glossy sheen which doesn't dry your lips at all! 



Let me know if you have any good dupes for any high end products! 

Emily x



6 comments:

  1. Love this post Emily! I only own 1 MAC lipstick and it's super bright so I never know how to wear it! You should do more dupe posts, loved this!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many more dupes up my sleeve! Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post and your blog is just so adorable and pretty much amazing! Keep it up :)xxx

    www.beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! The MAC lipstick's shade is wonderful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete