Saturday 27 June 2015

june favourites♡


I think the last time I did a favourites post was in January sometime which is 
quite a while back so I thought for this weekends post I would dwell on the
 favourites of this month. I think everyone says  this but where has the time gone? 
It's now 6 months til Christmas? Summer is right around the corner? Crazy stuff. 


Beauty Favourites


My first favourite of this month has been my beloved Naked 3 pallet. I got this
for my birthday and I am so obsessed. The colours are absolutely stunning. A beautiful 
mix of pinks, bronzes and golds. I have been using it daily and I couldn't rave about it 
enough. It's ideal for this season!

I have had a few brush favourites this past month. One of them is the good 'ol 'Buffing 
Brush' by Real Techniques. I've had this brush for a long time now and after I got a few
 other brushes this was pushed to the back, but recently I have loved using this for 
powder and BB creams (as you can see it's a little dirty!) I have also been using the 
'Deluxe Crease Brush' by Real Techniques which I got for my birthday. 
I have been loving to use this to apply concealer on any pesky spots and it's 
the perfect size for under-eye concealer too! 

Last month I gave in and decided to buy Benefits 'Rollerlash'. My question now 
is WHY did I have any doubts about this? It's my first Benefit product and it's 
made a very good impression. It has a perfect curved wand which is not too big 
and it feels like it's nourishing every eyelash and it makes my eyelashes look incredible.
One thing I struggle with is making my eyes look open and bigger and this has been
a miracle product for that. 

Next up is my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Really this should be in
EVERY monthly favourites because it's an essential and I don't own any other 
powder which is saying how amazing this is! The reason why it's crept in to 
my favourites this month is that I have been more oily around my T-Zone area and 
chin this past month so I have been taking it around with me to school instead of just
applying it in the morning! 



Non-Beauty Favourites


Because of the dreaded exams and mocks it hasn't been particularly easy to 
read as much as I would like too. This month I managed to get through All I Know 
Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher. I absolutely loved it. I think Carrie is such a 
big sister figure and you can tell she put everything into it and it was actually
written by her! In times of need I will definitely refer back to this book. Carrie
has a lovely charm when writing and I felt like she was directly speaking through
the pages! 


I am so late to the band wagon with this but at the end of May the family bought 
Netflix. Very embarrassingly, in the space of the past month I have managed to
get up to Season 4 of Pretty Little Liars. I've been watching it in the bath,
on the go, getting ready in the morning and any spare moment I have I will 
watch part of it! No idea how I managed to get through that much in such a 
short space of time. I promise you I did focus my attention on my exams
and put all my effort into them but at the end of a busy day watching
 a few episodes never hurt anyone! 



Let me know your favourites in the comments!
Emily x


13 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Roller Lash Mascara and the Powder. I really want the brushes as well
    xx Terica
    throughtheeyesofterica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real Techniques and Stay Matte are products I live by! I also really want to try Roller Lash because I've not heard one bad thing about it! I am also working on building my collection of NAKED palettes, number 3 looks amazing! You also need to catch up on PLL because season 6 is to die for! Lovely post x

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! Aww hopefully I will get through Pretty Little Liars soon! x On episode 6 of season 4 now! x

      Delete
  3. I love the buffing brush and also the stay matte powder. I really need to get and read all I know now, it's been on my list of things to do for a while xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the subtle change in your blog design! The buffing brush is my saviour, I find it's great for powder too!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the Naked 3 palette and the Roller Lash mascara! I also love the real techniques brushes, my favourite has to be the cheek brush though because it has such a handy shape
    Dalal xx monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I haven't tried the cheek brush yet! x

      Delete
  6. I love real tecniques brushes and I am completely addicted to PLL! I love Carrie too so I think I need to borrow the book off my sister!!! Fab post! Lydia Eve, www.mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! And your new blog design in G O R G E O U S!

    ReplyDelete