Wednesday 24 June 2015

summer edit: bases♡


In the Summer most of us like to switch up our makeup bag and change it to some Summer appropriate products. Bases are a hard thing to get right in the Summer. Some will just slide off your face as soon as you are exposed to the heat! Step 1 for me would be to find myself a good 'ol primer which you can find here. For a while I have been testing out some new bases and foundations that are
 not only affordable but are also easy to wear in the Summer, stay put and 
are lightweight. 



Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude Foundation♡ £7.99

Not everyone likes to wear a liquid foundation in the Summer. On a regular basis such as lazy days at home or beach days, I most certainly won't bother with a liquid foundation, however, for those of us who like to wear a bit of foundation (there's nothing wrong with that!) then this will be ideal. This foundation is so wonderful. Rimmel now do two versions of this, I picked up the one that has a medium coverage as a-posed to the full coverage. The reason I love this foundation is because of it's long lasting qualities which makes it very easy to favour it in the heat of the Summer. It also has
a built in SPF which is a huge thumbs up from the paler folk. The formula and consistency is very similar to the Rimmel Match Perfection and the finish is quite similar. I find this isn't as radiant as the Rimmel Match Perfection so it doesn't make my skin look any oiler than it is, which ticks all the boxes for me! The coverageis probably the heaviest coverage foundation I own as I tend to stick with
 lighter bases but it is a comfortable wear on your skin for the whole day! 


Superdrug 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream (BB Cream)♡£6.99

I picked this up on a bit of a whim, not really knowing much about this product and was sucked in with the half price deal but I have been pleasantly surprised! I was a bit worried about buying this as you can't test the colour but luckily this isn't too dark for me and doesn't have a peachy
 tint like some tinted moisturisers. The coverage is very light and I put this on with my moisturiser as 
it is just like a cover up cream. The website sells it as a moisturiser, foundation, primer and concealer all in one. I still find myself having to use a concealer and primer but I do feel like if you have normal skin with no blemishes this could be an ideal all-in-one jobby for you! I also love this as it has an SPF which again is a massive tick in the Summer. I haven't yet tried it in a pool to test it's
 waterproof qualities but I will let you know when I do! 



Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream♡£12

This is a slightly different BB Cream as it's a colour adapting cream. This is perfect if you tan as it's a white cream which colour adapts to yourskin tone at the time. I don't really properly tan but sometimes I may bronze a bit so this means I don't have to go out and buy a foundation darker. The only bummer about this is it doesn't have an SPF and it can turn your face a tad orange if you use brushes that have previously been used for other foundations which is a pain! It does create a really lovely lightweight finish and it doesn't really feel heavy or like you have a thick base on. It's also quite hydrating and moisturising. I can imagine this will be ideal for holidaying! 



Let me know your bases for the Summer months! 

Emily x


12 comments:

  1. I started using the superdrug BB cream last year, it's definitely better shade matched when I have a tan, but I think it is quite a good base for the summer. Great post Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a liquid foundation person during the summer! These look lovely I would love to try them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! It's not everyone's cup of tea! x Thank you!

      Delete
  3. These look so good, personally haven't tried any of them but they all sound amazing! BB creams are definitely my go to in the summer! Lovely review Emily!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!! Really really great reviews and will definitely be useful for people!

    I love the sound of the body shop bb cream!!

    Have an incredible day lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! x You too!

      Delete
    2. Don't worry about it!! and thanks so much gorgeous!! Lubbb ya xx

      Delete
  5. I have wanted to try that body shop bb cream for ages but i find any base in the summer gets too much, generally i like to stick to concealer and powder!! Great post! Lydia Eve, mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good post! I didn't know Superdrug did their own range of makeup, I will have to try it out :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the skincare section! Aww thank you so much! x

      Delete