Wednesday 3 June 2015

a hint of green?!♡




WOW! Me branching out of my comfort zone in the eyeshadow field is a 
rare sight to see! But as Summer is right around the corner why should my 
eyeshadows remain the traditional neutrals on a daily basis? My sister very kindly 
bought this eyeshadow pencil from Collection for me for my birthday.  I believe it's 
from a limited edition collection for 'Field Day' -  whatever that is! The pencil 
is in the shade 'Summer Meadow.' 

I'm not sure if this shade is complimentary to my blue eyes but I thought 
it looked pretty as a different wash of colour over the eyelids. Collection Work 
the colour eyeshadow pencils are a firm favourite in my ever-growing makeup 
stash and this eyeshadow pencil is exactly the same concept and packaging style. I
 did find that this eyeshadow had a slightly harder formula and when applying it on
 to my eyelid it wasn't as pigmented (which isn't a bad thing!). Although, you really had 
to push the pencil firmly on the eyelid to even get a slight bit of colour, which wasn't great.
 When I resulted in putting it on my finger and then applying, it worked better. 
Like all Collection pencils, they are very long-lasting and usually even when 
using my trusty Garnier Miceallear Water to remove it, 
it leaves behind a trail of glitter specks. 

The shade is a mossy light green and when applied on to the lid, 
it has silver specks in it which aren't always visible when it's in pencil form.
 The colour itself is quite subtle as it's not too pigmented and isn't an
 overpowering green. Unfortunately, like all Collection pencils, if you apply
 a lot to emphasise the colour, you get an overwhelming amount of glitter
 that follows and can build up in chunks on the eye lids!

I do like sticking to neutral shades but I didn't feel like this was too
 over the top! As it's not such a strong shade of green it's a more subtle 
way to add a pop of colour! Even though I haven't yet been brave enough 
to wear it out in public! 

Do you wear coloured eyeshadows? 
Would you wear this out in public? 
Let me know!

Emily xx

9 comments:

  1. I've heard greens and purples really compliment brown eyes so I'd like to try either of those colour eye shadows or maybe even eyeliners. I personally wouldn't opt for that specific brand mainly because I don't want to drag the delicate skin on my eyes so I'd rather use a more smoother one but maybe if you warm the pencil up a bit with a hair dryer it will apply on more smoothly. Sorry this is a long comment haha :)
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Emily! Definitely not a colour that I would have picked out but good on you for giving it a go!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! You wear what what you like gurl! and this looks and sounds awesome!! If ya wanna wear this out,do it for sure!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lois! x I haven't worn it out yet!

      Delete
    2. No problem! and that's okay!! You do it when you feel comfortable doin it! I'm sure you'll look GORGEOUS!! xxx

      Delete