Tuesday 21 July 2015

naked basics 2: is it worth it?♡






When I had some birthday money ready and waiting for me to spend, I decided on getting the Naked 2 Basics. A pallet that I have wanted for some time. However, I am still undecided about weather the £23 splurge was worth it?

The pallet itself has 5 matt shades and one that is a cross between a matt and a shimmer. The pallet has cool-toned neutral shades. It comes in very sleek matt packaging and is the perfect travel sized pallet. The pallet retails for £23 which is pricey for a pallet of this size. I know that Urban Decay shadows are impressive in their quality. The shades are buttery and easy to blend and I have never had any problems with the quality of the shadows. I don't know what it is about this pallet but it didn't wow me. I feel as though the colours are almost 'flat'. I have never tried a nearly all matte pallet before and I am still umming and aaahing about weather it was worth it. I love the quality of the shades but the actual shade colours I don't feel like you can do a lot with.

 I love 'Skimp,' which is a highlighting shade which I love to wear alone with a simple liquid liner look and 'Frisk' which I use for my brows. 'Stark' is quite a yellow-toned cream shade which I find quite hard to wear as it looks as though I've used a yellow toned concealer around my eyes and haven't blended it in. That's the best way to describe it! 'Cover' is quite a red-toned brown shade which I feel is only right for a crease colour but I'm not sure which other colours to pair it with. I have tried to mix it in with 'Frisk' but it looks too dark. 'Primal' is a nice colour but I find it difficult to wear and 'Undone' is one of those shades I rarely touch, however I occasionally use it to line my lash line. 

I don't necessarily regret the splurge because it is a lovely pallet. I know the pallet is called Naked Basics and it's made with the purpose of providing you with 6 basic shades that are really good to have in your collection, but I feel as though I am disappointed with the shade range and what I can do with it. I might watch a few tutorials on how to wear the shades! I definitely prefer my bigger Naked pallet which I think is worth the £38 and if you are considering buying your first Naked pallet I would definitely get a big one before getting a basics pallet as I am a lot more impressed with the shade range in my Naked 3. 


Let me know what you think if you own any Naked Basics pallets and what you think of them? 

Emily x


12 comments:

  1. This post is really well written Emily, I loved it!! The NAKED Basics palettes are ones I really want to try because I prefer matte shades to shimmers sometimes, although I will definitely think about my decision more after reading this! Sorry you weren't 100% satisfied with it x

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! x I think if you prefer matte shades you may be more keen!

      Delete
  2. I've always wondered about the basic pallets! Thank you for the very honest review!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem sweet! x Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. I never own a Naked palette but I've always been attracted to buy it. I was thinking about buying a Basic one, but then I choose the Smokey, which is a limited edition, because I was impressed by the good reviews about it! Maybe someday I'll try a Basic palette too!
    Sorry to see that you weren't satisfied and thank you for the honesty!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a review on the Naked Smoky! x Thank you for your comment xx

      Delete
  4. I love the idea for this post! I have the naked basics, andI must say, it looks almost identical to this one. But thank you for being so honest, the post is very well written!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you mean by the shades being a little 'flat' for a palette of this price you would expect something a little more adventurous and fun. Thanks for the honest review Emily, this post was so well written so well done!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I'm glad you get where I'm coming from and thank you Dalal! x

      Delete
  6. it is a lot of money, but then it is one beautiful palette! x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete