Saturday 11 July 2015

summer empties♡


I'm currently on a roll with these empties posts! I don't really know what it is but it's always so satisfying to use up a product? Anyone else think the same? Anyway, today I am going to talk about the many products I have used up in the last few months and what I thought of them and most importantly, are they worth a repurchase? 

The first product is a bit random. I used up the Purell Advanced hand gel. I had this by my skincare box so after I had put on my spot treatments I could sanitise my hands to prevent contamination! It did the job and I loved how it had a handy pump on the end too. I haven't repurchased this as I'm not sure where to get it from but I have plenty of other hand gels to take it's place! 


Skincare

Up next is some skincare bits and bobs. I have used up the Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover which I was quite disappointed with. It made my eyes really sting and I won't be repurchasing it again. It had leaked in my bag on holiday, therefore there was never a full bottle worth of product in it anyway. It is gentle for around the skin area but definitely not for direct use on the eyes! I also used up my trusty Garnier Micellear Cleansing Water which I adore. It's the best skincare product I have ever tried! I also used up some of my trusty Clean and Clear products. One of which is the Advantage Spot Control Daily Wash which cleared my skin up like a treat! I have repurchased a slightly different version which has oil control in it but I will still go back to this one. I also used up the Dual Action Moisturiser which again, cleared my skin up so well! It helped prevent spots and blemishes and is oil-free so ideal for Summer. I have repurchased this since as it's one of the best moisturisers I have used.  Lastly, for skincare I used up my Clean and Clear Spot Control Treatment Gel which is my holy grail. It zaps my spots like nothing else and I even cut open the tube to get out every last drop of this stuff! I had to repurchase this! 




Makeup

The next product looks like it's barely used but trust me it is much loved. It is my beloved Barry M nail paint in the shade, 'Matt White.' Unfortuneatly, it's got to that horrible gloopy messy stage in any nail polishes life and has started to dry up. I have attempted to make this work again but it is passed the point of no return. It looks gloopy and thick on the nails and doesn't apply smoothly anymore. I haven't yet repurchased this again, but I will repurchase another white shade at some point, possibly from Barry M. Next up is the Mabelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I've tried to make this work but the colour is way too dark for me and looks too peachy. There's not much left in it so I'm going to call it an 'empty'.



Hair

I have used up the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the scent Fruity and Floral Blush. Recently, I have completely gone off Batiste dry shampoos as I feel like they are way too sticky and make my hair feel thick with product and chalky. I used it up with the help of my family but I'm glad it's empty. I am currently using another dry shampoo which hasn't been that successful either! Dry shampoo recommendations anyone? 


Bath and Body

I have used up 3 shower gels in the last few months. The first two are from Original Source one in Coconut and one in Lemon and Tea Tree. Both were a £1 each and are well worth the pound you pay! The scents are really lovely. The lemon and tea tree smelt a lot like lemon sherbet and was really refreshing in the morning and the coconut was nice in the evening and was quite vaninlliary too. The scent lasted longer than expected afterwards and contains natural moisturisers also. The next shower gel is the I Love Strawberries and Cream shower gel which I got for my birthday. This doubled up as a bubble bath as well and smelled lovely. I don't normally like strawberry scents but this wasn't as fake smelling as it had natural fruit extracts. I probably won't repurchase any of these in a hurry as I don't feel like they are un-replacable but I would happily use them again.



Lastly, is the Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub which appeared in the spring empties I did. I still love this product so much and am sad that the last of it is used up but I feel like it is quite expensive to repurchase all the time, although, I feel like this Summer I am in need of a scrub so watch this space!

 

Emily x

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I actually used some of these products up as well recently. That matte white shade by Barry M, looks really good. I'm always on the hunt for a good white nail polish

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely post Emily! I agree, there is something extremely satisfying about finishing a product!

    Bx
    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post and I also love that spot treatment !

    ReplyDelete