Monday 4 May 2015

spring empties♡

Hello! Sorry I have been so absent on the posts recently. I have had such a busy
 last couple of weeks and finding time to blog and balance my time became a struggle 
but I'm back!

Today I am going to be talking all about products that I have used up. I never used to 
be into these posts but recently I have had the empty products bug and have been 
stocking up on every last pot, tube and bottle to bring you this post! I rarely talk about 
disappointing products on my blog so here you have a variety of much-loved things and 
also things that I didn't enjoy!




The first product I have used up the Soap and Glory breakfast scrub. This is such a 
good scrub. It's very 'scrub-like' and is very exfoliating. Recently, I have had some dry 
and bumpy skin on my back (bit TMI I know) and using this scrub has made my skin
 feel a lot smoother. The scrub smells like maple syrup pancakes which is delicious. I have
 had this scrub twice now and luckily, my sister has a full tub of this ready to use so the
 family are all stocked up for now! This scrub is not something I would pay £8 for any 
day of the week but as a little treat or a gift I will happily enjoy it. 



 I also used up 2 body washes from Soap and Glory. I used up the 'Foam Call' which
 is such a refreshing morning scent. It contains peppermint oil, grapeseed, fig and orange
 water juice which is so lovely for morning showers. I also used up 'Rich and Foamous'
 which is my favourite scent out of the two. It smells like almond, oats and brown sugar 
which is delicious and smells good enough to eat. Both of these shower gels are nice treats
 again, to get for birthdays, Christmas etc. They are both very moisturising and do what 
they say on the tin!  Soap and Glory is a luxurious treat but at the price of £6 a time I'm
 not going to re-purchase them in a hurry!





Next up is the Nivea In-Shower body moisturiser skin conditioner. I got this for Christmas
 in a set from my friend. This contains almond oil and is basically a moisturiser you put on in the shower and then rinse off like a shower gel. I'm a bit forgetful when it comes to body 
moisturiser so for the past few months of using this my skin has definitely thanked me for it! 
After I used this my skin felt silky soft and nourished. This would be perfect if you have 
dry skin. I am probably not going to re-purchase this in a hurry but when you get products like this for birthdays and Christmas it's always nice to try something new! 



I have also used up a big bottle of a basic Shower Creme from Sainsbury's. Not the
 prettiest looking product I know but a very useful thing for a bath addict like myself!
 I love to have bubble baths every time I have a bath and using expensive shower gels and 
bubble bars from Lush every time I had a bath was breaking the bank balance a bit so I decided
 to start using this which creates lots of bubbles and has a subtle floral/musk scent. 
As this bottle is only a few pounds I thought it was a much cheaper alternative and it is a
 really good product. I think my Mum has already repurchased this for me so this was a massive hit. 



I have also used up the mini Soap and Glory Righteous Butter. It has taken me so long to use
 up even though it's only 50ml. It is a lovely moisturising body butter that has a lovely scent 
to it but I am one of these people who always forget to moisturise! Overall, I would 
probably repurchase this sometime in the future but at the moment I already have a massive 
body butter that needs to be used up so I will stick with that one for the meantime! 



Next up we have a conditioner by L'Oreal. My hair type is really odd because I have quite 
greasy hair at the roots and then my hair is really dry at the ends so I have to mismatch with my shampoo and conditioner. I decided to try the Elvive Extrodionary Oil Nourishing conditioner to combat the dryness. This is enriched with 6 micro flower oils and is for dry hair. Firstly, it smells lovely which is a bonus and it again, does what it says on the tin. I have found my hair has been a little less dry since using this. It also contains tiny shimmers which are designed to make your hair look healthier. I haven't repurchased it yet because I will probably try a few more different conditioners first! 



I have also used up my 30ml and 5ml Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfumes. I love the 
scent of Wonderstruck. It's my favourite perfume. It has the right mix of floral, fruity and 
sweet. It's hard to describe but if you ever see it in Boots go and have a smell! My sister
 very kindly bought a second 30ml bottle for me for Christmas so I'm all stocked up! 



So now for some skincare items! I have used up my Simple Kind To Skin hydrating light 
moisturiser. This has started to get a bit old and I haven't been reaching for it as much in my
 skincare. It hasn't totally run out but it's nearly all gone. Since buying this I have found my
 holy grail moisturiser so this was just pushed to the back! For a beginners moisturiser I remember really loving this and it does do it's job but it doesn't do it for me anymore! 



I have also used up 4 of the Black Head pores strips and I am so disappointed with them. 
It hasn't yet worked for me at all. My nose feels really soft after using the pore strip but 
it doesn't look like it's visually removed any black heads which was the purpose of it! It's 
a cool black gel formula which is different from anything I've tried before. I still have 6
 more sachets to get through but I will not be repurchasing these again! 



I have also almost used up my trusty Garnier Micellear Cleansing Water. It is the best
 makeup remover and cleanser I have ever tried. I have re-purchased this even though 
theres still a few uses left! It's my holy grail product and I have gone through 2 bottles of this! 


Now onto some makeup bits and bobs! I have used up all of my Rimmel Wake Me Up
 foundation. The pump has gone walk about and the shade is a little too dark now! I mostly
 used this up in the Summer because I had a bit of a tan. Well I hope I did because if not this foundation was not a match for my skin AT ALL. My favourite foundation from Rimmel
 is Match Perfection so I will probably not repurchase this in a hurry but I might in the 
future but in the right shade. I found this foundation really nice for the Summer as it is
 really dewy and light but I'm not such a fan of the glitter particles in it!



For concealers I have used up 2 bottles of my Collection Lasting Perfection and I have
 repurchased it because it is the best concealer I have ever tried. It covers up any blemishes,
 redness or spots you have and has such good coverage. I have also got this
 Natural Collection concealer which I don't like at all so I'm just going to throw it away even 
though it's not run out yet! It's avery sheer concealer, it covers up nothing and it looks 
orange! Pretty awful! 



Lastly, I have 2 lip balms. These 2 are actually some of my favourite lip balms. These are
 the Nivea Milk and Honey and Baby Lips Hydrate. Both are really moisturising and I have
 loved using both of these. I really want to repurchase the Nivea one but I can't find it anywhere!
 I will probably get another clear Baby Lips too but I might try the Dr Rescue range. 




Have a lovely day! 
Emily x







13 comments:

  1. I actually quite enjoy reading posts like this. I have quite similar hair to you, so I think I might try that conditioner, it sounds quite good. Xx

    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the length of this post, it's so informative and interesting to read what works and what doesn't work for you!
    Dalal xo monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love posts like this! I have the wonderstruck perfume, it's so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Garnier Micellar water! Lovely empties post!
    Lydia Eve, www.mydiasychaincloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Extraordinary Oil Shampoo & It's SO GOOD! I really love it!
    Great post :)

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post makes me want to go out and buy loads of soap and glory goodies, they smell so gorgeous x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I know! x Makes me kind of want to as well! x

      Delete
  7. I love the rimmel wake me up foundation and I always wanted to try soap and glory products :) Nice post ! x

    www.beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete