Wednesday 29 April 2015

summer edit: primed and ready for summer♡




Primer is my best friend in Summer and today I am sharing with you the three primers
I own and how they help keep my makeup on through heat and all means of Summer
activities!


Body Shop All-In-One Instablur♡
Instablur is a very thick silicone based primer. It's the most expensive out of the three but is a
 5-action perfector. It states it's shine controlling for 12 hours, reduces appearance of pores,
blemish hiding, complexion unifying and makeup extending. Very big promises for a little
tube of product. I have to say that this primer does make my skin look a lot better after
applying before my face makeup. It creates a flawless base and does keep my makeup on
 for the majority of the day.


Mabelline Baby Skin♡
Mabelline Baby Skin is an instant pore eraser primer. It's more of a correcting primer to
make your skin a smoother base for foundation rather than a primer that's going to help
 your makeup fully stay put. Apart from the odd touch ups needed when I have spots and
blemishes if I wear this primer my face makeup stays put. When I come home from school
and use my cleanser, makeup is still there on my face which means it does have that staying
 power. The Baby Skin is a lot lighter than the Instablur and a lot more affordable.


Nivea Daily Essentails Express Hydration Primer♡
This primer is more of a moisturiser consistency. It is a thick cream and is very cooling on
the skin. It's almost like a moisturiser as well as a primer. This is the cheapest primer out of
 the three. I use this mostly for school as it does keep my makeup on all day. I imagine this
 will be perfect for people with dry skin as it is very moisturising although, I have
 combination/oily skin and this formula is fine for me. When choosing this primer, make
sure you buy the correct one for your skin type. The pink for dry skin and the blue
 for normal/combination. I had the dry skin one and it put far too much moisture onto
my skin and made my skin look oily.



Emily x

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried primers before, I really need to try the Body shop one though, I'm obsessed with TBS makeup *heart eyes emoji *
    Dalal xo monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I music try the Maybelline and body shop primers lovely post Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've been looking for a new primer. I think I will try the nivea one because I have quite oily skin too. This is quite a useful post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post came at the perfect time! Aww thank you so much! x

      Delete
  4. I haven't got any body shop makeup - this looks lovely. I really want to try the seaweed range too. I love your pictures

    ReplyDelete