Wednesday 20 May 2015

new discovery for brows♡




I was never one for eyebrows when I first started doing makeup because I had no clue 
what I was doing. I used to pick wrong shades and definitely didn't use the phrase 
I now live by -  'less is more.' 

In the last few months I always used my ever so loved MUA eyeshadow in the 
Undress Me Too pallet  which was a mousey brown but when it came to travelling 
I was hauling a pallet around purely because of the eyebrow shade and I would have to 
repurchase it again just for one colour.  I needed something new and fast so I
 re-discovered my good old Mabelline Colour Tattoo in the shade Permanent Taupe.  

The idea came about when I was watching Emily Rose on YouTube and she was 
using the Mabelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe which I already had in my collection. 
I bought it a good 2 years ago in Boots accidentally. I was meant to pick up 'On and On Bronze' 
and I didn't realise until I had opened it and in the UK we have our strict no-returns on 
beauty products policy so I was stuck with an eyeshadow far too smoky and dark for me! 
So it was stuffed into my drawer never to be used again until NOW. 

The colour itself is really nice for my eyebrows because a little goes a long way. If I
 filled them in a lot it would be far too dark but I lightly feather it through my brows and
 brush it through to blend in the colour. Mabelline Colour Tattoos are designed to be very 
long-lasting and to stay put on your eyelids hence the name so as promised, my brows look
 shaped and filled in throughout the whole day which is an upgrade from my traditional
 powder brow shadows. It's got a slightly dried up texture so it isn't too heavy and
 thick on the brush so it's easier to create a light natural look. Definitely, a worthy 
investment and if you wear smoky eyeshadows it's a multi-task product! I am
 so pleased I have found this again! 


Emily x



10 comments:

  1. I'd have never thought about using a maybelline colour tattoo for my eyebrows but this sounds quite good xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unexpected to see this product be used for brows! Brilliant idea though, definitely going to have to give it a try! Lovely post Emily!

    Becca x

    beccaemilyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew you could use products like these not only for your eyes but for your brows too! That's so creative if you haha if that were me I would have just kept it at the back of my drawer to this day
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always come up with creative ideas trust me! x

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea!!! Love it and keep being amazing gal xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing idea! Please do a post showing the affect it gives xx

    ReplyDelete