Saturday 1 August 2015

what's in my travel makeup bag: disney edition♡


So as the title states I am off to Disneyland at the weekend and I am so excited but also a little nervous about travelling! In preparation, for the Disney adventure I have prepared a makeup bag with my essentials and also some cute travel mini's to take away with me.

The first thing in my makeup bag is the nail polish I am planning on wearing for the Disney trip just incase it chips. The one I am planning on taking is the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in 'Rosehip' which is really long-lasting and when wearing it on my last holiday, it stayed put with little chips. It also has a really glossy finish to it which is really lovely. I chose this pastel pink shade because it goes with most outfits and really compliments a tan (IF I will get one that is!) 


For my base I decided to bring my trusty Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer. In Disneyland I am preparing for early morning starts and late evenings so it is vital that my makeup stays put for the whole day and I can definitely trust that this primer will do the trick! For a lightweight base I settled on my Body Shop All In One BB Cream because it's really light on the skin, gives your skin a fresh look to it and if I tan this is a colour adapting cream as many of my other foundations are the palest shade. 


For concealer I settled on bringing two - the Mabelline Fit Me and the Collection Lasting Perfection. The Fit Me concealer is a lot more liquid like and is better for under the eyes and my Collection one is better for covering up pesky spots. For powder, I am taking my Rimmel Stay Matte because I can trust that this will keep my skin matte for a good few hours which is needed in the heat. 


For my cheeks, I am taking my NYC Smooth Skin bronzing face powder which is a slightly darker bronzer than my usual Body Shop bronzer so is perfect 'if' I tan. I have been waiting to use this for a long time as it never looks right in the colder months on my skin. For blusher I settled on my old favourite, Sleek's 'Rose Gold'. It's a beautiful pink with a hint of gold shimmer running through! Who doesn't like a glittery blush on holiday? 



For my eyes, I decided on taking my Collection Eyes Uncovered pallet because you can get a really good set of neutrals and it's relatively small to take away with me. I can't go anywhere without a pink eyeshadow so I decided on my Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow in 'Precious Rose'. It's a lovely frosted silvery light pink which looks lovely all over the lid with a simple eyeliner look.


For mascara, I decided on the Mabelline Lash Sensational. It lengthens my lashes and gives them that curve. It's my current favourite at the moment. For eyeliner, I decided on my Soap and Glory Super Cat as the nib is really precise and I have mastered how I like it down to about 2 minutes and speed is needed when getting ready for Disney. 


For brows, I've decided on bringing my Mabelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in 'Permanent Taupe' which is my current favourite eyebrow product. As it's designed to last 24hr's my brows are going to be in place for as long as possible! To make sure they stay tamed and that theres no stray hairs I will set them in place using my Natural Collection Lash Care Clear Mascara. 


Now for the fun and most difficult part about going on holiday. Why are lip products such a challenge to choose? I settled on these four which I am pleased with. Firstly, I decided on my Collection Cream Puff which is a matte lip cream in the shade 'Cotton Candy'. I thought this would be ideal for the heat as it is really long-lasting. For a gloss, I decided to bring Mabelline Colorsensational lip gloss in the shade 'Glorious Grapefruit' which is a bright coral shade which screams Summer to me. And I couldn't not bring my favourite lip products. I decided on bringing both of my the Revlon Colourburst Laquer Balms. One in the shade 'Coquette' which is a bright hot pink shade which again, screams Summer to me. And of course, my all-time favourite 'Demure' which is a perfect everyday nude pink colour. I love these laquer balms because they are so glossy and are in a crayon shape so are easy to apply on the go. 


Now for skincare and extras! I am taking my Skin System Q10 Complex Day Cream which is my current day moisturiser because it is really light and has an SPF which protects you from the sun. I'm also taking my night time moisturiser and spot treatment which is the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser which I use everyday! 


I also decided to buy the Colab dry shampoo in the mini size just to test it out. I decided on the Paris fragrance as it seems ideal for my trip to Paris. It's quite a musky floral scent. I can't wait to try this! I also am bringing the 125ml of my Garnier Micealler Cleansing Water for my sister and I to share. It's our go-to cleanser and I couldn't live my skincare life without it. I am also bringing my mini of the Dove Purely Pampering lotion. It's quite a wintery scent as it's Shea butter and vanilla but I love the Dove lotions as they are really moisturising. 


For perfume, I have settled on the Zoella Blissful Mistful as it's a slightly cheaper option and it is a really fresh scent which is quite Summery. And for a lip balm I'm taking my cherry Carmex because it has an SPF 15. 



(This post is part of a little blogger series I'm taking part in called the "secret blogger project 2015" run by teen bloggers Emily , Rebekka and Charlotte. About 30 of us will be writing twice a week on selected little lifestyle topics and you can also go onto the twitter and Instagram hash tag "#secretbp2015" to have a little chat and view everyone's posts. If you would like to join or know more (we'd love to have you!)  Instagram dm @theperks0fbeingemily or if you don't have Instagram, send a quick email to  rebekkarosebeautyxo@gmail.com!)

What are your holiday essentials? 
Emily xx

13 comments:

  1. Love the nail polish colour! The bag is super cute too! Have fun in Disneyland!
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that make-up bag is so cute! I love the Revlon lacquer balms, I have 'demure' and another dark pink one but it's matte.

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to check out the matte ones xx

      Delete
  3. Loveee the post! Really cool idea and great travel essentials gal!! Hope you have an amazing time in disneyland!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem lovely!! have an awesome day,how's disneyland going? xx

      Delete
  4. Loved reading this as I soon will be packing a travel makeup bag. Have fun in Disneyland! I'm just off to England for the week. I love the Sleek Rose Gold blush and the BB Cream sounds great for holidays!

    Aim | www.thetracesofmythoughts.blogspot.co.uk x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow where abouts in England are you going? x

      Delete
  5. I love this post! There is so many products we both love! I really want to try out that primer and the NYC bronzer, looks such a wearable shade for someone with quite pale skin, like myself x

    Nicole | http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want the Body Shop BB cream, I have heard so many good things about it! Also the Collection concealer everyone says how good it is but none of the shades matched my skin tone, and I know you can't be too picky but it just looked so ridiculous when I wore it but it had such good coverage! I love your makeup bag by the way and the Sleek blush is so pretty :)x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite what's in my makeup bag I've ever seen! The way you photographed the products is perfect, your explanations were helpful but short and to the point, and best of all, that make bag is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete