Wednesday 14 January 2015

my pamper evenings♡

It's the winter time. 
I have a love hate relationship with winter. I don't like coming and going home from school in the dark or how everything looks so dreary after Christmas. But I love wrapping up warm, the colder weather and warm and cosy days indoors. I think in the winter time I definitely need a pick me up so I try and have one of these 'pamper evenings' every week. Pamper evenings are basically where you can take a few hours out of your day (normally in the evening) to relax and have some me time. I am quite addicted to these evenings especially when I'm stressed! 


The first thing I like to do is cleanse. I'm quite lazy with my skincare. I normally just use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water. It's been a staple in a lot of peoples skincare routines for some time now. It takes off all your makeup or even when I'm not wearing makeup it gives my skin a quick clean. A cheaper UK version of the ever so loved Bioderma! 

The next thing I do is have a quick tidy up! Not the typical pamper evening ritual but I find that if my room is clear I can fully relax!


Then I run a nice hot bubble bath. Some people aren't bath people but I can't have a pamper evening without chilling in the bath first. Whilst the bath is running I light some candles. My friend Emily got me some of these tea lights for Christmas. They smell really fresh and lovely and are called 'Winter Frost' which fits the season perfectly!


Then I will pick some lush things to put in my bath! As you can see, I am keeping some of the Christmas range back as Lush Christmas products are my favourites. As you can see, Butter Bear is 'beheaded.' On this particular day, I decided to use the head of Butter Bear and a little piece of the Melting Snowman. Both contain really moisturising qualities to the skin and the scents are delicious! I have a few of these storing up as these two are my favourites. 


When I'm in the bath I love to use some Soap and Glory products as a little treat. They are more expensive than your regular shower gels so I use them sparingly! I got these two for Christmas. I like to use the Rich and Foamous Body Wash which smells so delicious. It contains almond and honey milks and oat extracts. It smells good enough to eat! Then I use the Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub which is a really exfoliating scrub. It smells like maple syrup pancakes! 


In the bath I will listen to music or read a book - anything to pass the time! I'm currently reading Girl Online - despite the controversy surrounding the book I decided to give it ago. It's very cheesy and cliche but its a really easy girly read. 


When I get out the bath I will change into some cosy pyjamas. Then, I will go up to my bedroom and turn on my fairy lights. I think fairy lights really set the mood and look really pretty. Around this point I will use a face mask. Certain face masks really irritate my skin so I decided to buy the Simple deep cleansing face mask. This is a really moisturising mask and it comes in a tube so you don't have to keep reusing the sachets of product. It also doesn't make my face go all red and blotchy which is a plus! 


Then, I will normally paint my nails whilst watching a film or some YouTube videos. I have a small TV in my room however there's no connection for TV so I will normally watch a Disney film! Some of my favourite nail polishes I have been wearing recently are from the MUA range. In my opinion, they are as good as Barry M nail polishes and are only £1 each! The mint green one is called 'Pistachio Icecream', the pastel pink is called 'Natural Days,' and the dark purple colour is called 'Moody Mink.' (pictured below)

When my nails are dry I will take myself downstairs and have a good old cup of tea with normally a bar of chocolate! 


What do you like doing on a pamper evening? Be sure to let me know in the comments!

Emily x











10 comments:

  1. A hot chocolate is a must for me on a pamper evening!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with cream and marshmallows! Thank you so much for your comment x

      Delete
  2. I love pamper evenings, and especially reading about yours! xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pamper evening sounds so indulging,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I do love my pamper evenings! Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
    2. Haha sorry looking back I sounded quite blunt hahaha xx :)

      Dalal x | monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Oh I love pamper evenings, posted one on my blog last week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw! And mine was in the making at the same time ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Great post, i love the way you take your photos for your blog ♡

    ReplyDelete