Saturday 30 January 2016

barry m nail polish collection♡

Hello! Today I'm going to be going through my trusty Barry M nail polish collection. I really enjoy collection blog posts so I thought I would try and do a little series of these. If you would like to see any other collections than let me know! :) 

So onto the nail polishes...My sister and I have been collecting Barry M nail polishes for a good few years as we share a nail polish collection. Barry M is definitely the brand we have the most of. I love Barry M nail paints as they are so affordable, they have lots of different finishes and formulas and they have a whole range of colours. Any nail polishes marked with a (*) are my favourite colours! 



Gelly Hi Shine range♡
The Gelly Hi Shine's are definitely my personal favourite out of all the types of Barry M polishes we own. They have such a high shine and glossy finish to them and they last for weeks without chipping. I always choose these in the Summer months because you know they will last you at least a week before a repaint. They are perfect for holidays as when I'm on holiday the last thing I want to do is spend half an hour painting my nails! I also love the packaging and how classy they look.

Colours from left to right♡

Coconut♡ Off-white cream colour
Almond♡ Light mushroom grey with an undertone of purple*
Rosehip♡Cool pastel pink with a white undertone*
Sugarplum♡Bright purple-pink 



Original Nail Paint range♡
The original nail paints are the cheapest out of all the finishes. They have the widest selection of colours and were the first nail paints we bought out of all the finishes. They have such lovely summery pastel colours which definitely drew me to these shades. Normally these pastel shades require about two coats to appear the colour in the pot. 

Colours from left to right♡

Peach Melba♡Summery pastel peach*
Berry Ice Cream♡Bright bubblegum purple
Ballerina♡Understated dusky rose-pink*
Mint Green♡Bright turquoise-mint 
Blue Moon♡Light baby blue 


Glitters♡
Glitter polishes were definitely a December favourite for me. I put them over the top of any nail polish colour I was wearing. Throughout the year, they don't get as much use but occasionally, I tend to paint them over one nail as an accent nail for a party or a special occasion. The only down side is they are a pain in the bum to remove and require lots of scrubbing at your fingernails! 

Colours from left to right♡

Rose Quartz♡Rose-gold, silver and holographic glitter*
Moonlight (Limited Edition)♡Red, silver and holographic glitter





Matte Nail Paint♡
Matte nail paints have no colour or shine to them. They are very opaque and only require about one coat. This formula is probably my least favourite as I prefer the glossy nail look, however, this shade is perfect for the winter months. If I do wear this I normally put on a top coat or a glitter polish to give it a bit more shine and sparkle!

Burgandy Crush♡True burgundy-red 



Top Coat♡
We also own one of the top coats they do. This one is the plumpy top coat from the Gelly Hi Shine range. This sets any polish into place and helps it to last as long as possible. It also gives a gorgeous shine and gives the effect of the Gelly Hi Shines. It's quite thick but really helps to keep nail polish looking perfect for longer!



Emily xx

6 comments:

  1. Barry m are so good! Love them

    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many lovely shades!!! I would definitely buy more Barry m polishes if I had the time to paint my nails! Lovely post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail polish goals! I don't own that many nail varnishes because I'm basically too lazy to ever paint my nails- I also have the shade Crush from the matte range.
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gelly range so much! Love the look of that burgundy matte one though - you should really try their speedy dry range it's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete