Sunday 13 December 2015

soap and glory gift set review♡

   

With all the festivities and Christmas shopping happening this season it's very rare for me to spend money on makeup so close to Christmas. However, whilst buying presents for friends and family from Soap and Glory beauty I noticed that they had an amazing offer where if you spend £15 than you can get a gift set of makeup which is worth £25. It was a no brainer - spending money on Christmas presents whilst getting a special treat for myself?! I'm in! Hopefully, this offer is still on, if not definitely keep your eye out for these future deals in Boots and Superdrug. 


The first thing in this gift set is the 'Love At First Blush' blusher. It originally retails for £11 so to get it in this set is such a bargain. The compact itself is adorable and although the photograph doesn't do it justice, the pink areas on the compact actually glisten much like the blusher itself! The blusher itself has lots of different segments of colour that when all swirled together create a very shimmery light pink shade. Although, the blusher itself is gorgeous, it has to be applied sparingly as it has the highlighting quality and you don't want to walk out looking like a glittery disco ball! It definitely gives you an illuminated glow to the cheek bones and makes you look really 'alive.' It's such a beautiful shade and will definitely be much loved in the Spring and Summer months. 


Next up is the Thick and Fast mascara which retails for a pricey £10.50. I am absolutely in love with this mascara. On the first coat it gives me lots of length and on the second coat it really does make my lashes look thick and provides lots of volume. I also love the sleek gold packaging. The wand is a bristle brush not plastic which I really like! This is one of the first bristle brush wand mascaras I have used in the last year and I will definitely be looking into trying more. 


I am a massive fan of chubby sticks so I was more than excited to sample one of the ever so loved Sexy Mother-Pucker gloss sticks. I have to say I was a little bit worried to find out the colour was a red as I am not the biggest fan of a strong bold lip. However, the colour did not disappoint. The gloss stick is called 'Berry Gorgeous' and appears a bright red colour in the stick, however on the lips in comes out more of a blood-orange sort of shade. It's also not overly pigmented and is such a glossy sheer consistency. I absolutely love this and because of how little you get in the tube it means I will definitely be using this up! I am so impressed. They also smell of vanilla which is delicious. 


Emily x

14 comments:

  1. This is such a nice set, I got the Revlon one the other week!

    Tash x
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty, I haven't tried any of the soap and glory makeup products but they look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should definitely try some of them - they are fab! Thanks for your comment :) x

      Delete
  3. That blush is so pretty xx great post x

    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was considering buying products to get this too as its fab deal though I'm struggling to buy everyone else's presents so I might have to miss out on this one haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame Rebekka! Maybe with christmas money? xx

      Delete
  5. This gift set looks amazing! I am definitely looking to pick up some soap and glory sets in the sales because they are always on such good offers x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I went to see some of the Boots deals and the massive Soap and Glory set was on offer! Thank you Nicole x

      Delete
  6. Woah, this offer is amazing and great value for money- I think I might need to stock up on a few products to get the makeup too haha!
    Dalal x
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw it's so tempting right? x I love gift sets! Thanks Dalal x

      Delete
  7. That blush looks amazing! I think I might have to make a trip to boots soon..

    Kate// http://katerosexo1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw haha! Let me know what you bought! Thank you Kate x

      Delete