Wednesday 14 October 2015

autumn essentials: lipsticks♡


Autumn lipsticks! The time to branch out from the corals and the pinks and brave the deeper berry tones. I don't know if my lipstick taste is particularly adventurous. I can't pull off a classic red lip but I can get away with berry pinks! I also have one of my favourite nude lipsticks and a lip balm thrown in for good measure!


Revlon Colourburst Balm in 001 Honey♡
I recently bought this balm stain because I have been after a berry toned darker nude pink colour for a while. I love the laquer balms from Revlon which are glossy and packed with glitter so I was a bit hesitant as to whether the original collection would be as good however, I was so impressed with this as I thought it would be more on the drying side but this is equally as glossy as the Laquer balms but with no shimmer. This is so moisturising and I adore the colour. 

Collection Cream Puff in Cotton Candy♡
I did a full review of this lip cream back in the Summer but to keep it short and sweet - I really love this colour because I think it's a lovely pink. It is also really long-lasting because it has a dry matt effect, however, it's not drying. It's a velvety formula and is really moisturising on the lips. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie♡
This trusty lip butter has been in my makeup stash for a long 'ol time. It's one of those really wearable lip shades that are so pretty. It's a darker berry pink shade and is definitely the glossiest out of all of these products. Because of it's buttery formula, it's really moisturising and looks glossy. 

Mac lipstick in Hue♡
I really love Hue as it's a really wearable nude shade. It's not the most 'autumnal' lipstick but I have been wearing it a lot. As it's a glaze, it gives your lips a wash of colour. It is really glossy and pretty. It's not overly pigmented but I really love it for an everyday nude shade.

Baby Lips Dr Rescue in Too Cool♡
I love lip balms and in Autumn and Winter, lip balms are needed especially! This is one of my favourites. It's so moisturising and has a medicine kind of smell which feels like it's really working!



From left: Revlon Colourburst balm, Collection Cream Puff, Revlon Lip Butter and Mac's Hue.



Emily xx

(This post is part of a little blogger series I'm taking part in called the "secret blogger project 2015" run by teen bloggers Emily , Rebekka and Charlotte. About 30 of us will be writing twice a week on selected little lifestyle topics and you can also go onto the twitter and Instagram hash tag "#secretbp2015" to have a little chat and view everyone's posts. If you would like to join or know more (we'd love to have you!)  Instagram dm @theperks0fbeingemily or if you don't have Instagram, send a quick email to  rebekkarosebeautyxo@gmail.com!)

8 comments:

  1. I love all of these shades, they're perfect for Autumn, but not too dark, so easier for everyday. I love the look of both the Revlon lipsticks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a similar taste in shades! Thank you for your comment x

      Delete
  2. Love love love love the photography Emily, also great post! I also shared my favourite Autumn lip products

    Fromnovemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love a berry lip, I adore the revlon lip butter!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The collection creme is my fave lip product ever, i think mine is actually nearly all ran out x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete