Saturday 22 November 2014

christmas garland♡

Hello my lovelies,
Today I have my first Christmas themed post. I spent this morning making my own christmas garland inspired by Molly Jade♡

Step 1♡
The first thing you need to do is print off some templates of your choice from the wide web. 
I chose a fawn, a bell, a christmas tree and a star. But you can choose whatever design or shape you want. 
Print these off and carefully cut them out. 


Step 2♡
Take your stencils and place them on a piece of card and trace them. I decided to draw each shape 3 times. Then, cut the card shapes out. 

Step 3♡
Get yourself a selection of christmas wrapping paper or fabric. I decided to use an assortment of different wrapping papers. We have already started wrapping presents so we have a little supply already!

Step 4♡
Take your roll of wrapping paper and place your card shape on the paper. I used my fawn shape to show you. Then, cut out a square that roughly fits the card shape. 



Step 5♡
Then glue your christmassy shape onto the small square of wrapping paper. 


Step 6♡
Then, cut around the fawn (or whatever shape) once its securely glued and remove the remaining wrapping paper. Your deer should look like this ---


Step 7♡
Now you should have one side covered with the wrapping paper. 
Then, glue the side that isn't covered, down on a second square of wrapping paper. And complete the same process so your shape is double-sided.

Step 8♡
Complete this process with different shapes and patterns. I chose the woodland robin design for my fawns, a red polka-dot design for my bells, a christmas tree design for my christmas trees and I used tinfoil for my stars. 



Step 9
Hole punch two holes in the top end of each of the shapes. 



Step 10♡
Position the shapes in order of how you want them to be in your garland on a flat surface.

Step 11♡
Get a length of string or ribbon and thread each shape through. Leaving equal gapes and double-knoting each end to make sure its secure.

Step 12♡
In the gaps in-between my shapes I tied little white bows to make sure the shapes didn't cluster together when hung up. 


Step 13♡
Hang the garland up in whichever room you like! 




Emily x


2 comments:

  1. This is such a amazing post! I am really going to do this ♥♥

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete